Pages

Friday, April 6, 2012

Preparing for the Bahamas

I think my heart is in the Bahamas.  I've been doing a lot of preparation with the boats.  My plans are to tow the 19' Whaler behind the Nordic Tug 37 Mercy.

I've renewed my passport, received my customs decal, registered with the CBP in the local boater option... and am awaiting the Bahamian import papers for Mercy the dog.  I've been looking at charts, and books, and am interested in exploring areas in the Bahamas that I've never been to.  Although I've spent over 6 months cruising/diving in the Bahamas, I've never been to Grand Bahama or to Abaco.  I plan to fix that!  I'm looking forward to visiting some of the churches I've heard so much about, and visiting with some of the pastors I've already become acquainted with over the years.  I also want to show Allen some great spots I've already been.

My cousin Allen, who is 14, and has spent the past several summers with me, is going to spend the summer in the Bahamas with me.  We're looking forward to exploring all that God has in store for us, above and below water.

I'm slowing packing items, with a careful inventory, trying to figure out how best to carry groceries and ship's stores for the summer.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see that you've caught up your blog. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice to catch up with you. I will be excited to hear of all your adventures to the Bahamas. Please be sure to tell Carlton hey for us when you see him. I see him on facebook sometimes. I love the Bahamas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your adventure in the Bahamas. I'll be "ridge running" the AT in Maryland as my summer job this year. Take care!

    Blissful

    ReplyDelete