Pages

Monday, November 11, 2013

How do you eat an elephant?

I know a lot of you were following MERCY's adventures as we were traveling in the Bahamas.  Many of you have emailed to check on me... several from folks I've never met.  I'm grateful for all you folks who are traveling with me in the blog. 

Due to problems with a broken Wi-Fi amp antenna, (which Randy Nial at Land and Sea Wi-Fi bent over backwards to get me back in business.... what a great service company!) and difficulties accessing internet where I was adventuring off the beaten path.  Oh, and let me blame having too much fun with too many friends, quality time with my dog, maintenance projects, and .... the excuses went on as the blog backed up.

My mom fell, broke her hip, had difficulty in surgery, and passed away while I was in the Bahamas.

I returned to the States, and went to spend a month with my Dad, whose grief over losing a spouse of 61 years was almost unbearable.

The growth along the canal needed trimming, the boat needed some projects, my freezer was lobster-less, requiring my immediate snorkeling attention.  I had a back log of commitments at my church, and...

The excuses and reasons kept piling up, as I got further and further behind on life's responsibilities, and the somewhat frivolous blog.

Have you ever been there?  So far behind on a project or a goal that you sort of give up on it?

A friend asked me, "How do eat an elephant?" 

"I dunno," I responded as I thought, "This friend does not realize the significance of all I've just said."

"One bite at a time."

My friend is right of course, make small achievable goals.  Chew, swallow, accomplished!  One bite, anyhow... So, my commitment is a somewhat small, achievable goal.  I will work on posting, editing, posting photos, re-formatting to make this thing more read-able, 15 minutes a day.

You may not see much as I try to fill in so much of the great adventures of the past, unless you are noticing changes in past posts and photo adds.  This blog is about places and people, and adventures, not about maintenance and difficulties.  We all have them. 

Hope you'll enjoy some of the updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment