Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Kayaking in the mangroves

I love exploring in Bahamas, and in the Everglades, and pretty much anywhere off the beaten path.  That means I also enjoy exploring the out of the way places not too far from my home.  Today, a friend invited me to join in some kayaking fun.  We took the kayaks into some of the mangrove creeks of the island of Big Pine Key, in the Florida Keys.  The wind was howling, which made it a great day to poke around in the creeks rather than paddling around the coast.
First step, find a few other like-minded friends!
 
Grab my favorite kayaking companion, and find a mangrove creek
 
 Convince someone else to go in front to knock down spider-webs!

 
And most importantly, HAVE FUN!
 
We explored a few different routes, out of visual range from each other, staying in touch in a simple way, befitting our maturity.  "Marco?"...."Polo!"

No comments:

Post a Comment