Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Today was the big day!

This morning, we did the "closing" on the "Mercy" and she became mine!

Yesterday, I went expecting to close on the boat, and left last night thinking it could be Friday before we had the final title abstract.  This morning when I walked in to the brokerage, I was told the paperwork was there, and we closed!  Thank you, Lord!

The boat was bottom-painted today, and things are moving quickly. 

The West Marine store in Annapolis lent me the CF card I needed to upgrade the electronics in the plotter.  I can't tell you what a great blessing that was.  The old RayMarine equipment, unless it has had its software updates can only read a 256mg card; a dinosaur that can't even be found on the internet!  I had downloaded the updates from RayMarine, but couldn't find a card to put them on.  West Marine offered me their card with the update already loaded.  I signed it out, sort of library book style, and returned it an hour later, grinning from ear to ear.  What a great thing for customer relations.

All of Annapolis is scrambling, getting ready for the Annapolis Sailboat Show this week-end, the the US Powerboat Show next week-end.  It sure is nice to have boat show prices while you try to outfit your new boat!  I've been making a pretty big shopping list for the show.

The weather cooperated today, turning sunny and warmer.  I was ready for sunny and warmer.

I ate dinner tonight with a friend from Key West, Kaitlyn, who recently moved back to Annapolis with a new job.  Earlier this week I was in the parking lot of a shopping center, and heard someone call my name.  It was Kaitlyn!  Isn't it great to run into folks you know in different settings?  We got together after she got off work tonight, and I had a wonderful time.  I hope we'll get together again before I head south.  I know she misses the Keys, but am sure that the sunshine today helped her too.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Linda - I have read all of your posts on the blog and enjoy your descriptions and feelings as you journey on. I am familiar with the Nordic Tug. We literally have fleets of them out here in the Pacific Northwest! It is a really great choice, I believe. I also enjoyed all of the specs you posted. Finally getting back on the water in a great vessel with an outstanding name!

    Gary and Marlaina Lieberg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Captain Linda,

    Glad to see that the closing went well and things are falling in-line. Mercy's a great name!

    The folks at West Marine always seem to be very accommodating. Being able to update the RayMarine system for newer data will be vital.

    Now ... about your onboard 'vacancy. I note you need a cook/dishwasher. I may be interested in the dishwasher position; but TRUST ME you wouldn't want me as 'Cook! When you get around to doing the third screendoor, I have a fantastic design on Katmai, and it could be easily replicated. If you want I'll send you some pic's one of these days.

    Be careful at the Annapolis Boat Shows! ...it's a GREAT place to dispose of any old, musty money laying around. :-)

    Later,
    Casey

    ReplyDelete