Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

The naming of the trawler

I can tell that many of you checked in today to see the latest on the here-to-for un-named boat.  I promised I'd post after the vessel closing, but figured I'd better update you, even though that hasn't happened yet.

I am happy to tell you the vessel is named "Mercy" after God's abundant loving kindness and goodness to me.  Its official; the name is on the lettering being prepared, on the insurance binder, dated today; and on numerous documents.

Unfortunately, we didn't close today, as we are awaiting title searches from the US and Canada.  It could be a few days yet.  I appreciate your continuing prayers through the process. 

It has been raining and cold in Annapolis and the surrounding area.  The thermometer on the rental car said 47 this morning.  Tonight it is a little warmer, and tomorrow is supposed to be warmer (70) and sunny.  I'm ready for warmer and sunny.

I'm grateful for good friends who put me up at their house for a couple of nights, fed me, and gave me the guided tour of the area.  Since  then, they are allowing me to stay on their 36' sailboat at a marina that is closer to Annapolis.  It sure is nice to be able to sleep on a boat again! 

I'm also grateful for all the friends and family who've been checking in.  I'll try to keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment