Pages

Sunday, July 1, 2012

The people and church at Rock Sound

We moved the MERCY to find an anchorage towards town with free wi-fi access. I puttered up and down the sound, trying every signal. There were a few commercial sites, and some password protected ones. Finally I found a blue hole and a free wi-fi at the same time! I anchored by the hole, and uploaded Friday's blog, and checked email. It just doesn't get any better than being able to anchor on a blue hole that has free wi-fi!

From yesterday... a tree I had to climb
Almost as soon as I anchored however, I left to attend church in Rock Sound. The people were friendly, and sent greetings to the DeLoaches and the Carey's. There were announcements about the community Independce Day celebration on the 9th, which sounded like fun, but, I think we'll be long gone by then.
The Assembly of God church in Rock Sound

I returned to the boat, and checked out the hole, and moved to anchor in better holding for the night before I uploaded Sat blog. Now we're anchored almost off the dinghy dock, in good holding sand.

Tree roots (see yesterday's log) growing through the cavern roof
In the evening, I returned to church.  Some of the folks said there are a lot of crfuisers here during the winter. I may be one! This is a beautiful little town, and worth returning to. No fuel or gas is available (like Hatchet Bay) without doing it by jerry jug.

No comments:

Post a Comment