Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

Cambridge Cay

In the morning, we headed north along the western edge of the keys, until we turned to the east towards Compass Cay.

We puttered a good bit, looking around before enterring Exumas Land and Sea Park and taking a mooring at Cambridge Cay.

I realized that I didn't have the correct cash to pay for the mooring in the honor box, so I wrote an IOU, saying I'd be into Wardwick Wells to settle the account.

Allen snorkeled to check the mooring, and found a nice black braided line (that matched our lines) that someone had evidently lost trying to grab a mooring.

We took the Whaler over to Rocky Dundas to snorkel the caves there that are every bit as good as Thunderball, with less people! We were the only ones there! I was wondering if my memory would help me find the entrance, but the Land and Sea Park has put moorings outside the entrances, so they are easy to find now! Once again, the caves are hidden at high tide, but at low tide, have a few inch opening above the waterline.

No comments:

Post a Comment