Pages

Monday, October 19, 2015

Cambridge, MD to Little Wicomico River, MD/VA

Monday, October 19, 2015

Today, as the Cambridge Creek bridge opened for me for the last time this year, I breathed a sigh of relief!  For the past month, the MERCY has been at the dock of Mid-Shore Electronics in Cambridge, where the owner allowed me to leave the boat for a month while I went south to Dad's.
Things never work out quite as planned!  I was expecting to return in a month, but returned in about two weeks with the threat of a hurricane heading up the Chesapeake.  The hurricane never produced, but, we had gale warnings for days!  

I had left the boat to have a Furuno autopilot and hydraulic pump installed.  Like I said, they weren't expecting me back for a month, so, though they had ordered a custom panel for the electronics, it hadn't arrived yet and the job hadn't begun.  Insert a couple of boat shows, and a lot of employees working them, and I was about going bonkers!
The plate finally came in, and the pilot and pump were installed.  The software and charts on my TZT were updated, and the pilot works great!  
We got underway this morning, saying farewell to Cambridge, and enjoying the great weather out the Choptank River and down the Chesapeake Bay.   


By the way, I love AIS.  This is what it looks like with vessels meeting and overtaking each other on the Chesapeake.  The TZT update has made the AIS integration a little better.
This USCG buoy tender practiced doing intercept drills with us as we ran down the bay.  
We came in to anchor in the Little Wicomico River, right on the border of Maryland and Virginia, just a little before sunset.  There is one other boat anchored in here.  
It is slick calm in here tonight, we enjoyed good food on the grill, the boat is warm, and the dogs are snoring.  Does it get any better?

















No comments:

Post a Comment