Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Heading out soon from Cambridge

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

It is really hard to update a cruising blog while stationary at a dock.  I hope by the week-end, to be in cruising blog again.  

On Sunday, I drove to Norfolk, to pick up Ellen and Mocha, who had driven up from Dad's in Pensacola.  The drive itself was a great trip through the Eastern Shore.  In the morning, I saw a huge covey of turkeys in a field along the highway, pretty much oblivious to the passing motorists.  
I've also seen a lot of Canadian geese, as they migrate through the area.  I was told that there are two populations of Canadian geese, the migratory, and the resident.  There are also two hunting seasons, one targeting each group.  It appears "they" (whoever "they" is) are trying to keep the resident geese from overwhelming the local population, while hoping to help increase the migratory geese population.
The leaves are starting to change color, and there is a nip of fall in the air.  I'm told that it is unseasonably warm for the area. 

The hydraulic autopilot pump and autopilot installation day is scheduled for tomorrow, with sea trials following.  I can hardly wait!




No comments:

Post a Comment