Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Off Everglades City

I'm anchored in Russel Pass tonight, enjoying an almost full moon, and gorgeous weather. I'm close enough to have cell coverage out of Everglades City.

I was anchored by about 2 o'clock, and after some general housekeeping chores, took the Whaler and Mercy-dog and I went exploring.

We went into Everglades City, where the last time I was in by water was almost 26 years ago! I remember running in to get ice cream to go with a birthday cake that Miss Violet Arnould had prepared for me! Boy, the sleepy little town has changed!

After doing the drive by of the town, I explored some of the circuitous routes through the Ten Thousand Islands. What a cool place this is! I can't believe I didn't bring the kayaks.

Fred and Nancy are meeting me here tomorrow, as we continue some more exploring, and I'm sure they'll do a lot of fishing.

I got a Kindle a few days back, and am enjoying the ease of reading again. I'm enjoying morning readings from The Message Bible.

Psalm 5: Listen God, Please pay attention! Can you make sense of these ramblings, my groans and cries? King God, I need your help. Every morning you'll hear me at it again. Every morning, I lay out the pieces of my life on your altar and watch for fire to descend.

What a great way to start the day, enjoying God's Word, and the beauty of His hands.

The photo however was this evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment