Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Off to the Everglades

The Mercy got underway last nighy just at dark. (Waiting for enough tide to get out! Rudy followed in the 19' Whaler, and Lila and Mercy and Gracie the dog rode with me. We anchored for a gorgeous evening just off picnic island, and Rudy cooked dinner! It was Lila's first meal on the boat.
Then I ran them in with the Whaler, and returned to the boat. It was a great sunset, a gorgeous full moon, and great fellowship with friends.

This morning I got up early, rigged a tow line for the Whaler, and got underway on the south side. The wind had whippedup, and at Bahia Honda I decided to run the north side to Marathon. At Marathon I ducked south, under the seven mile bridge to go fuel the Mercy and the Wahaler. I rinsed the salt off, and went north under the seven mile bridge, continuing to Little Shark River, in the Everglades. I came in about a half hour after sunset, and was glad to have the radar to ease up the river. Now there is a beautiful moon up, and it is pretty bright out. There isn't a breath of wind in here, and I am glad for the screens on the hatches. I love listening tot he birds, and yes, even the insects... except the mosquitoes. There isn't any cell service here, but I'll post this note when I get to cell service.

I like the wireless keyboard, and maybe I'll post at night now that I dont have to use my thumbs.

Remember you can track us real time on spot. If you don't have that link, you can email me directly.

No comments:

Post a Comment