Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Working around an untethered iphone.

Once again, I am trying to figure out how to sucessfully post a blog from my iphone, when I have such trouble typing with my thumbs. I have the problem somewhat solved.

First, I bought an apple wireless keyboard. Apple care told me it wouldn't work with my iphone, but after weeding through many reviews of the keyboard, I found where a couple of folks said they were using it with their phone.

Apple must have some agreement with the cell carriers to keep from enabling iphones to be more web-friendly. I have an old unlimited data plan with the phone, and didn't want to lose that plan by making my phone a hotspot. So half of the blog problem is fixed with the keyboard.

Secondly, I want to post photos from my canon camera, and not just my iphone. There are a couple of ways around that. I can load the photos from the SD card to my laptop, and then transfer them into itunes. Apple also sells an SD card reader that plugs into the power connection at the bottom of the phone ($30) that I haven't seen how it works.

I downloaded the free blogger app from itunes, and now maybe I'm all set. I am typing this blog into notes on the iphone, and when I am in cell/wi-fi coverage, can copy, select all, go to the blogger app, paste and post. It sure is a convulted way to work around the system, but, I think it will work.
Keyboard photo taken with iphone.

No comments:

Post a Comment