Pages

Friday, May 22, 2015

St. John's Yacht Harbor

Friday 22 May 2015

A couple of notes about this nice place to stay...

The docks are floating, and ours had 30 and 50 amp available.  The slips are lined up with the current, making docking and undocking pretty simple.  There is a lot of current.

The staff here is friendly, with much of the help being teen-age.  That means if you are in front of them, they do anything!  Just don't ask them for something in an hour, because you'll never see it.  I think multi-tasking plans for later is reserved for people in their thirties and forties.  It takes thirty years to learn it, and by fifty, we've forgotten how to do it!

The marina has a pump-out boat that comes to your slip, in addition to one by the gas/fuel dock.  (I mentioned the other day how they didn't mind selling me just a few gallons of gas when I wasn't renting a slip.)

Their is a laundry room with four washers and dryers, a buck a load. The showers and restrooms are nice,  There is free wi-fi.  The docks are long, so its good exercise.

The marina has a courtesy car that we borrowed and went to CVS, Costco, and Food Lion.  Although the grocery store is within a couple of miles, it is down a road  that I would not want to walk or bicycle down.

We met a lot of friendly folks around the docks, too.  One lady had given me the CVS/Costco/grocery info.  Her and her husband have sold everything, bought a sailboat, and are on a retire in four years and sail plan.  They were such nice folks, I hope our paths cross in years to come.  (If you are reading this, remember, bike to the Keys this winter!)

Julia (with the sailboat)  came by the boat when she was going to the hardware store to see if I needed anything, and I rode into town with her.  I asked her if a pet store was nearby, and she called one that she uses to make sure they had our brand of dog food.  She ran me by, and I grabbed a bag for Mercy, who is greeted me happily upon my return.  

No comments:

Post a Comment