Pages

Monday, June 8, 2015

Norfolk, NAS Commissary and NEX

Monday, 8 June 2015

This morning we walked up to the NEX and Commissary.  I had an appt. to get my haircut at 0800, and it takes us about thirty minutes to walk from our slip to the NEX.  Again, don't follow the driving directions to the marina.  Walk straight out gate 3A, and follow the sidewalk, not the road, that goes into the back of the NAS mall.  
The NEX employee didn't show up for work until 0830, saying she didn't know she was supposed to work today.  I would have had a lot more sympathy if she'd been caught in traffic, or at least had a more legitimate excuse.
I really wondered if it were an employee problem, or a management problem when two ladies from Chicago, who had come down to do a seminar for employees only had two people show up for an event that I'm sure management had known about for months....
The gal did a great job on my haircut, and you never really know, "How do I tip in a situation like this?"
Then we went to the commissary and re-provisioned.  We called a taxi to get back with our trunk load of groceries.  Right now, NAS Norfolk is allowing certain taxi's on base with ID card holders.  Security did ask me where I was going, and checked the trunk.
We marinated meat for the freezer, and cut up veggies on our return.

The day that began with long sleeve shirts, ended with temps in the mid 80's.

These photos are from Harborfest.










No comments:

Post a Comment