Pages

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Brigantine Bay, NJ to Cape May, NJ

Saturday, 12 September, 2015

We departed our cozy little anchorage in Brigantine Bay around daylight.  The weather forecast called for an approaching front, with its wind and seas to increase by noon, and I wanted to be out of the Atlantic, and tucked into Cape May before it hit.

The gentle conditions made for a great run down the coast, while I kept a wary eye towards the ominous approaching clouds.

I love to explore new places, but, sometimes it is really nice to come back to something familiar, especially when looking to tuck in somewhere, weatherwise.

The timing worked out great!  We pulled into Utsch's Marina in Cape May to take on fuel, and were glad they had slip accommodations for the night.  The dogs were delighted to go ashore, and we walked around for about a half an hour before returning to the chores at hand.  I had just finished washing the salt off the boat when it began to rain.  The dogs used the rain as an excuse to nap while I changed the oil, and then took a shower.

I met a couple of great folks on the dock, who had arrived about the same time I had.  The trawler Lisa Morgan was tied up next to me, and the Grand Banks Crawdad was on the other side of them.   Mercy and Mocha enjoyed meeting another lab, Buddy, while the Crawdad's other boat dog, BooBoo wasn't so sure about being the only small dog in the group.

Gloria and Jim, from the Crawdad, and I went to the Lobsterhouse for supper.  There was about a 45 minute wait to eat, the place was that busy.  The time passed quickly looking at the old photographs on the wall, and visiting.  The food was good, and the serving sizes were larger than I could eat.  The Crawdad crew are loopers, and are currently headed south for the winter.  

We walked back to the marina in a light rain, and I made preparations for tomorrow's early start....

No comments:

Post a Comment