Pages

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Rhode River to Cambridge, MD to the Florida Keys

The week of 14 September, 2015

This post has very little to do with cruising, other than to demonstrate how cruising plans can change.  Recent events with my Dad in Florida have put a change in our cruising plans.  I plan to return to the boat in about a month.

I have tucked MERCY into a safe place, and am having the autopilot replaced while I drive south in a rental car.

On Wednesday morning, I left Maryland by car, with Mercy and Mocha, arriving in the Keys on Thursday.  

While coming home always feels good, it has been a zoo here trying to get various projects rounded up here.  Coming here first allowed me to keep a doctor's appt in Miami.  My plans, Lord willing, are to leave here on Wednesday, headed for Dad's, with the two dogs.  Ellen has been at Dad's for about ten days already.

We've had a great cruise this year, and plan to continue again in October.  We hope to fall in with the winter migration, as everyone heads south.  We missed seeing a lot of places we wanted to visit in New England, and won't have as much time to spend on the Chesapeake as we'd planned.  But, as it is frequently said in cruising, there are no schedules!!

No comments:

Post a Comment