Pages

Friday, September 11, 2015

Tom's River, NJ, to Brigantine Bay, NJ

Friday, September 11, 2015

I awoke this morning after a peaceful sleep in a calm, quiet anchorage.     I was glad for the decision to come inside in the early afternoon, and once again there has been enough rain to de-salt the boat.
The forecasted wind and rain continued today, and the wind on my stern made a nice run down the Barnegat Bay.
The area around Little Egg has interesting shoaling.  Forget the chart, and follow the markers!
On the trip up, the black flies were so thick that we refused to open the screens long enough to get photos.  I did take a couple of photos today, and only saw a few flies on the windows.  Opening the screens for photos resulted in a couple coming in, but, at least they weren't the crazy, tormenting number from the first of July!
The weather forecast looks good for offshore in the morning, and since I reached Atlantic City at low tide, I stopped early to anchor in Brigantine Bay.



This is why you don't buy a vehicle you know the full history of!













No comments:

Post a Comment