Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

Changing crew again

It has been great fun meeting people this trip, and having old friends on the boat with me.

Saturday was clean-up day.  Yes, typical household chores: laundry, make the beds, vacuum, defrost the refrigerator, and wash the dog kind of stuff.  We're at 30 17.370   081 25 142

Kenny arrived with his mom shortly after lunch, and I had the privilege of showing this dear sweet lady the Mercy.  I loved to see the sparkle in her eye at the helm of the Mercy.

On Sunday, Kenny picked me up for church, and I enjoyed attending St. Paul's by-the-Sea Episcopal church with the congregation there.  What a beautiful building, with great acoustics, and a huge pipe organ.

Afterwards we went to lunch, Kenny took me to the grocery store, and then to the airport to pick up Ben.

Ben Carlson is a great young man, the son of missionaries who grew up in Fiji, and Tonga.  He's a boater, a surfer, a free-diver extraordinaire, spearfisherman, and an all around great young man that God has great things in store for.  (I wonder if I can convince him to do the blog this week?)

As I was putting groceries away, and Ben was unpacking, he asked me if we'd eat much seafood.  When we started to cook dinner, a couple I'd met that morning arrived to see the boat.  They'd been out fishing for the day, and went home and returned with a redfish, which we cooked on the grill.  Isn't it great how God knows the desires of your heart, Ben?
We'll keep you posted as the adventure unfolds.

No comments:

Post a Comment