Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

Going backwards

I started to see how many folks were watching the lat/lon, but decided to just tell you I backed up a few miles.  A gale warning is in effect this afternoon (right now it is just heavy rain) and tomorrow.
33 51.84N    078 38.36W
I decided to back up a few miles to a friendly marina in a "hurricane hole" so I wasn't laying exposed in the ICW, or anchored in the river the way I had originally planned.  This is the lighthouse at the opening to Coquina Harbor, where I am currently in a great slip at the Myrtle Beach Yacht Club

I was delighted to see the Manta One across the harbor from me, and to hear from the Izzy R, who is a couple of days behind me on the ICW, and said they were going to hole up for the week-end as well.  (Jeff actually called this morning to make sure I'd heard the gale warning.  I had not.  NOAA's replacing their antenna, and the marine transmission was out most of yesterday.)

I began scrubbing the deck, and realized that the mud from the Chesapeake/VA/NC had stained the deck, so their was no scrubbing footprints off... I couldn't quit until the whole boat was done!  About the time I finished, and had the hose secured, it began raining.  What perfect timing!  Now, when it turns cold, everything is done, and I'm dry!

Mercy likes the bow vantage point.

No comments:

Post a Comment