Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Fort Matanzas to Ponce Inlet

Today, Linda and Mercy went ashore in the morning at Fort Matanzas.  We ran up the beach at low tide (Mercy's third favorite activity behind eating and sleeping) before returning to the boat and loading her up and getting underway again.

The ICW is a lot straighter and narrower here than it is in Georgia and South Carolina.  I''ve sure seen a lot of big herons today.

I heard from the Izzy R, the Sawdust, and the Rachel today.  It is fun keeping up with friends.

Tonight we pulled into Inlet Harbor Marina in Ponce Inlet, where we met my (cousin-in-law's brother?)  uh, my good friend, Marty.  After I'd drug him all through the boat, and was satisfied with his compliments, we let him take us to dinner.  Hmmm!  Poor Marty!  He took us to one of his favorite haunts (how can he have these in EVERY town?) and we all ate good seafood.

We're moored at 29 05.428    80 56.400

No comments:

Post a Comment