Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Havershaw Marina and a Defender trip!

Wednesday and Thursday, July 8-9, 2015

After a pleasant night anchored north of Croton Point Park, we pulled anchor and crossed the river in the light fog.
We had reservations at Havershaw Marina.  I started to write a rant about their disorganization, but, I can probably find better things to write about.

Our friend, Linda S. (too many Linda's) drove over to celebrate her birthday with Ellen.  They went for lunch in Nyack, and spent the afternoon together.
Our friends, Jim and Linda, on the REJOICE, backed into the slip immediately to our stern.  It was great, that even while it was raining, I could dash from our swim platform, to the dock, to their swim platform.  Their fresh water pressure pump had burst a gasket, probably when a pressure switch had failed.  It also caused their hot water heater to over-pressurize, and leak.  I went to replace it for them with a pump that they had for a spare, only to find that their spare was an old pump with a messed up pressure switch.  (It has to be fully installed to figure this out.)  We called around, and no one had a replacement pump.

Ellen came back, and we went to supper with the Jim and Linda.

At some point in the day, Linda had said, we could rent a car and go get one.  In the night, I went on the company's website, and found that the number of the pump had changed, and that Defender had them.
Let me mention that Defender is where I order much of my boating supplies.  I love Defender's courteous and fast service, and their pricing!  I've always wanted to go to the "real" Defender store!  My dream came true!  

Linda and Jim and I went to Defender, a round trip of 230-ish miles.  Hey, its better than going from the Keys to Miami!  It was a fun trip for me as a passenger, looking at the landscape, the hills, and trees, and rivers...  The store was wonderful, and I was glad I got to go.  After I'd spent all my money <G> we went back to the marina, only to find we were one part short of a pump installation.

A friend was driving over to visit REJOICE the next day, so he agreed to bring a bushing that was needed.

I hope they are up and running now.



 







No comments:

Post a Comment