Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

Rounding up things at Salt Pond




Sat June 29-Mon Jul 1





Saturday morning rumbled with thunder, ominous storm clouds, and changing winds. In the course of the day, the MERCY walked around on her anchor as the wind blew from every direction. Winds were out of the west long enough for the bay to get rough, and items not secured got thrown around. One item that was secured broke loose and was destroyed. I cried over the television. Rudy, the straps broke loose. I was having such fun watching GoPro videos on the tv. I stayed in a foul mood for the day.





The Good Samaritan who was flying in with the pump delayed his flight until Monday, and the afternoon plane he would have arrived on never came in anyhow.





A bunch of bad weather, high winds, rain all around, and less than a gallon total to the boat.





Sunday was a better day, with a good service at church. I was delighted to see the boys from Friday there, along with that many more young men that age sitting together in church. I got a lot of shy smiles.





Sunday afternoon I met some nice folks at the boat ramp. I went back over to the government dock to walk up and check email, and said hello to lots of people I've met during my stay. I'm starting to feel like a resident here.





Monday morning I got a text that the Good Samaritan was finally flying in, and I spent the day doing miscellaneous chores around the boat. I'm going to run in now, and post the blog, and hopefully get my pump.





Since I have lost my window of opportunity to go to Conception in the ten days waiting on the pump (the winds are high now) I plan to head to Georgetown in the morning. I may not have much opportunity to post the blog the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment