Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

Inside passage to Marco from Russell Pass

2/8/13

I timed my morning to go from Coon Pass to Marco through the inland passage past Goodland with high tide.

I love the passage through there, and the abundant osprey nests on about half of the channel daymarkers. I am comfortable making the passage with my draft if I have at least a partial tide. It is shorter than running offshore, and a lot more scenic!

I called Rose Marina in Marco, and made a reservation for the night, and pulled in for fuel, gasoline, and a night's dockage. The folks there are very nice, and give discounts for volumes of fuel, for Boat US, for their marina guests, at their store, etc.

I washed dead gnats off the boat, scrubbed the salt off, and washed the dog, before taking a shower, and dashing off to dinner with my kayaking friends Craig and Donna, who were aboard with me in Ten Thousand Islands last year.

We ate at the Old Marco Lodge in Goodland, which was packed on Friday night. As we talked and visited, we realized about 8:00 that we were the only customers left. The band was gone, and the staff appeared to be closing up. Craig said something about not having shut a bar down in a long time...


It was so good to see Craig and Donna again!

1 comment:

  1. It was so good to see you too, Linda. We are following your blog and it sounds like a great time. Craig and Donna

    ReplyDelete