Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

Little Shark River to Flamingo

2/1/13
Little Shark River to Flamingo

Today I spent the day anchored in the Little Shark River, 25 19.936N 081 02.657'W about a mile from the entrance. I was in such a beautiful spot, protected from the blowing winds.

In the morning, I was greeted by ibis (birds) and herons along the bank.

I did boat chores while getting ready for my friends. I put gear away and cleaned up a little. I hope my guests appreciate this!

I installed a new VHF in the Whaler, since the previous one has bit the dust, and needs to be "returned to manufacturer" for service.

Then I ran into Flamingo in the Whaler to pick up Stratton and Scott to spend the week-end with me on a little Everglades adventure. They had left work a little early, but then had a flat tire in Homestead, so were running an hour late. Thank goodness for a good plotter and a little familiarity with the route, as it was dark by the time we made it to the MERCY.


We grilled chicken and ate supper, and told stories, and, wow, it is great to have friends and catch up!

No comments:

Post a Comment