Pages

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Salt Pond Assembly of God Church



Sunday 9 June


This morning I tied up the Whaler at Long Island Breeze Resort dock, and walked up the road to the left to attend church at the Assembly of God. I met Billy and Leslie on S/V Bye Polar at the church.





The service was good, and I enjoyed the diversity of musicians there... a keyboard, a bass, 2 electric guitars, and an acoustic, as well as a drum set. I only knew one chorus and their closing hymn, and I know a LOT of different choruses! With the lyrics projected on the screen, it wasn't too hard to follow. The congregation was friendly, and like many churches, a lot better attended on Sunday morning than it was Wednesday evening. Pastor Fox delivered a timely message. There was no service that evening, I think probably because of the holiday regatta.





After service, we walked with Samantha across the street, and ate a Bahamian home cooked meal. It was wonderful. The peas and beets mix was the only like that I've ever eated, at it was GREAT! Chicken, rice, and coconut water. Mmmm! Yummy!





I returned to the boat where I had left the generator on and the air conditioner running for Mercy, since it gets too hot with the boat shut up, and it had looked like rain. When I walked in, I quickly realized I could take a nap in air conditioning, and did.

No comments:

Post a Comment