Pages

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Big Thomas Cay anchorage

Wednesday May 22

This morning I listened to the pre-dawn rumble of thunder, and watched lightning in the distance.  By the time all the squalls had passed, I eeked out catching  gtvless than eight gallons of water.  That was enough to pretty much scrub all the salt off the boat, but not enough to catch any good water to fill the tanks.  I am ready now, however, should it rain some more.

Yesterday was the first day that the solar panels didn't top off things all together, so today I ran the generator while simultaneously cooking brunch, watching a movie, and turning the water heater on.  I think the generator charging run was unnecessary, since this afternoon the sun is out in its glory, and the panels would have made up a lot of lost time.

Overyonder Cay is gorgeous.  Here is the view going into their harbour, showing one of their wind generators.

I'm going to Compass Cay to see if I can get internet.

Post 5067 5073
 

No comments:

Post a Comment