Pages

Monday, May 27, 2013

Monday at Black Point



Monday, May 27







The weather forecast looks pretty nasty this week, with 20-25kt winds expected all week, higher in thunderstorms, many of which are forecast. Black Point is a great place to weather out easterly component winds in good holding sand, and calm waters. With its available dock, store, restaurants, churches, fresh bread, and laundry...







Oh yeah, time to do laundry. I love being able to pull up to the Rockside Laundry's dinghy dock, and toss my dirty clothes without having to schlep them through town. This commercial laundry is clean and has free wifi. What more could a cruiser ask for? Tokens are $3.50 ea. for washer and drier. $7/load x 3 loads.







I gave 3 Canadians on a vessel anchored next to me a ride in/out, as their outboard was broken, and they bought me a loaf of Miss Corrine's wonderful coconut bread.





In the afternoon I caught 18 gal of rain water. Life is good!







No comments:

Post a Comment