Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Exploring by WhalerThomas Cay to Staniel Cay

Tuesday, 21 May

This morning we took the Whaler to the south to Staniel Cay, to see if there was enough water to run the trawler through.  The lowest water I ever saw was 3.9' at a little below normal low, along the western side of North Sampson Cay.  If I were anchored near the yacht club, I would cut through to Big Majors Spot, but, from over here, I'll probably go around the Twin Cays with MERCY.

I made a circle, cruising through the marina at Sampson Cay, then continuing south of Dennis Cay, North of Fowl Cay, and between Little Majors Spot and Big Majors Spot.  We did the Staniel Cay Yacht Club drive by, visited Isles General Store, returned by way of the Thunderball Cave, and the pigs on the west side of Big Majors Spot.

Coming back, I cruised by Overyonder Cay, which is gorgeous.  Here is the view going into their harbour, showing one of their wind generators





No comments:

Post a Comment